Polycarbonate is among the more popular materials in the plastics industry. With its versatility, the thermoplastic material is utilized in many types of manufacturing and product building businesses. From medical-grade equipment to technological hardware development, construction companies, and even food processing, polycarbonate sheets are in demand. Its durable and lightweight properties come with a range of benefits, which make it a cost-effective solution.
Because of its usability and easy installation, polycarbonate sheets also provide high-quality roofing material. That being said, roofing manufacturers all over have innovated its use to maximize its advantages.
Types of Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets
When polycarbonate sheets are utilized as roofing material, a panel becomes a high-impact, translucent roof that offers resistance to extreme weathering conditions. There are different polycarbonate roofing sheet types, and depending on the application, each type serves a unique purpose.
- Twin-Wall Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets offer the same concept as the usual multi-wall polycarbonate sheets, which provide a sturdier and thicker roofing material capable of withstanding heavy impact and resisting UV rays, all while remaining lightweight. This type of polycarbonate roofing will not require as much steel framing than the solid polycarbonate sheet.
- U-Locking System Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets provide the same benefits that polycarbonate material does, but with greater energy conservation, better sound insulation, and increased leak proofing. This type of roofing sheet features a U-shaped interlocking design that offers panel seamlessness.
- Solid Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets provide the core benefits that a high-quality polycarbonate sheet does, but built specifically for shelter or property use. Lightweight, translucent, and UV-resistant – the solid polycarbonate roofing sheet is a versatile material that many architects and designers see as a cost-effective solution.
- Embossed Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets offer added durability and strength through its corrugated shape, which enhances the embossed texture and its impact-resistance. It comes in a variety of translucent colors and is ideal for applications needing additional coverage that can fit structural curvatures.
- Corrugated Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets provide a rigid shape that is ideal for long-term use. It helps houses and buildings withstand extreme weathers and is also excellent at filtering sunlight. These roofing panels are available in a handful of dimensions.
- Rib-Type Polycarbonate Roofing Sheets appear similar to the corrugated roofing sheets, but a closer look shows that its distinction is found in its shape. It offers a seamless design reminiscent of corrugated galvanized iron (GI) sheets, but on a durable, translucent panel.
Know Which Type of Polycarbonate Roofing to Use
These are some of the different types of polycarbonate roofing sheets available in the market. Knowing which is the best type of polycarbonate sheet for your project will depend on the property’s needs. If, for example, you’re looking for polycarbonate roofing sheets for a greenhouse, maybe a twin-wall will provide more beneficial advantages, as opposed to a solid sheet. For instance, the increased insulation benefits that come with a twin-wall polycarbonate sheet works wonders for taking care of plants.
With over 30 years of experience and 21 branches across the country, Duralon – the leading polycarbonate sheet supplier in the Philippines – exists to provide unparalleled polycarbonate solutions for residential, commercial, and industrial properties. This can only be made possible through the lasting quality that Duralon’s polycarbonate roofing delivers. For a professional experience with polycarbonates, feel free to contact us and request for a quotation.
We build it right.